Thank you for considering to volunteer. The process is simple and quick. Our probes avoid testing when your traffic is busy, we never monitor your use, but need to look for the presence of traffic only when testing. More details here.
The process of volunteering is relatively painless, but avoiding scammers adds a little complexity. The process is:
- Click on the link below to create your ID
- We email you a link to our details page (avoids spamming machines)
- You tell us your details - name, address, plan, amount of data we can use etc
- We decide to accept your application and send you an Address Verification letter (this ensures we are sending our valuable router to the correct address)
- You verify and we post you a probe (bridged router with double strength wifi)
Once you connect the probe you will see a new page on the website, "Reports & Forum", which enables you to see the results of your tests.
You can also update your details in the profile, but importantly you can change the amount of data we use instantly, many times a day if you wish. We offer several options, 1, 3, 5, 10 or 30 GB/month or Unlimited testing.
For Rural broadband, especially Wireless and Satelite, we have two very low use options, 500MB and 1GB per month, using smaller tests less often that are reliable at lower speeds, this usage reduces to under 150MBytes for specific ISPs where we have a zero-rate agreement for our file servers.
Click here to more details
Click here for Terms & Conditions
Australians, please go to the Australian site here